If you are injured and your doctor, hospital or other health care facility breaches their duty of care to you, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. Schedule a consultation with a Brisbane medical negligence lawyer to help you through the complex claim process.
Medical Malpractice in Brisbane
Medical negligence, often described as medical malpractice, is where treatment falls below an acceptable standard. Medical professionals have a duty of care to exercise reasonable care, skill and judgment when treating patients. If this duty is breached, the doctor or hospital may be liable for damage and your compensation.
To make a successful medical negligence claim you must establish there was negligent treatment, and you or a loved one was harmed through the negligence. An unsuccessful course of treatment does not necessarily make it negligent. Negligent medical treatment commonly involves:
- incorrect diagnosis or failure to diagnose a condition (in a timely manner or at all)
- failing to provide appropriate treatment
- making an existing condition worse
- failing to perform surgery, treatment or post-operative care with reasonable care and skill
- inaccurately reporting test results.
Schedule a consultation with a Milton-based medical negligence lawyer in Brisbane for a no cost consultation to determine whether you may have a claim.